NEWS

NEWS

  • home
  • NEWS
  • UNDER THE "WAMEGURI" PROJECT DEVELOPED BY TOYOSHIMA, DISCARDED CLOTHING COLLECTED FROM VISITORS AT THE PREVIOUS YEAR'S EVENT WILL BE RECIRCULATED AS PART OF THE TOTE BAG MATERIAL SOLD AT THE "RENAULT KANGOO JAMBOREE 2023"!

2023.11.28

UNDER THE "WAMEGURI" PROJECT DEVELOPED BY TOYOSHIMA, DISCARDED CLOTHING COLLECTED FROM VISITORS AT THE PREVIOUS YEAR'S EVENT WILL BE RECIRCULATED AS PART OF THE TOTE BAG MATERIAL SOLD AT THE "RENAULT KANGOO JAMBOREE 2023"!

Press ReleaseProductSustainability
Toyoshima & Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Naka-ku, Nagoya, President: Hanshichi Toyoshima) ) is developing a project called "WAMEGURI" that aims to recirculate clothing discarded in Japan in Japan. Under this project, a tote bag made from clothing collected from visitors at the Renault Kangoo Jamboree 2022 held in October 2022 was sold as an official item at the Renault Kangoo Jamboree 2023 held on Sunday, October 15, 2023.





 

The annual supply of apparel in Japan is said to be 3.5 billion pieces, and 34% of all clothes are used for recycling or reuse (including overseas exports) after consumers part with them. The remaining 66% is disposed of as garbage and ended up in landfills*. IN TOYOSHIMA, CONSIDERING THAT IT PRODUCES 2~3% OF THE APPAREL PRODUCTS SUPPLIED IN JAPAN, WE THOUGHT THAT WE COULD TAKE PART IN THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR 66% OF THE CLOTHING THAT IS DISPOSED OF, AND WE DECIDED TO RECIRCULATE CLOTHING DISCARDED IN Japan IN JAPAN in January 2022. In this project, clothing is collected in Japan, sorted and spun at a factory in Japan except for some processes, and the remanufactured products through this process are recirculated in Japan.

*Ministry of the Environment "Sustainable Fashion (https://www.env.go.jp/policy/sustainable_fashion/)"

 

The Kangoo Jamboree, held by Renault Japon Co., Ltd., is a place for owners of Renault's Kangoo height wagon to share and disseminate their lifestyles. While many Kangoo owners have a mindset of creating life in a fun way and have a high awareness of environmental issues, they sympathized with the purpose of WAMEGURI's recirculation project as part of realizing a sustainable lifestyle. In this program, WAMEGURI's clothing collection box will be installed during the "Renault Kangoo Jamboree 2022" event held in October 2022, and the collected clothing will be recycled and reborn by the next year's event.

 

Through this initiative, clothes collected at the 2022 event were turned into yarn and reborn as tote bags for the official items of the "Renault Kangoo Jamboree 2023" held on October 15, 2023 the following year. Some of the materials of the tote bag are made of yarn from the WAMEGURI project, and clothing that would otherwise be discarded is recirculated.

 

WAMEGURI will continue to work with you to transform discarded clothing into new items and aim to recirculate them in Japan.

About the WAMEGURI Project

The "WAMEGURI" project collects four materials, including PET bottles and clothing made of cotton, wool, and feathers.

Except for some processes, this is a project in which sorting and spinning are carried out at factories in Japan to transform them into new items. We aim to recirculate products that are recycled through this process in Japan.

In addition to these four materials, we will work with you to create a system to recirculate unnecessary materials from our daily lives.

【「WAMEGURI」URL】https://my-will.jp/service/wameguri 

 

To the list