Efforts for the Environment
Aichi Global Warming Prevention Strategy
Aichi is the top manufacturing prefecture and a place where environmental technologies, including eco-cars, are concentrated. By promoting global warming prevention and contributing to the world through environmental technology, we need to steadily progressing to create an "Environmental Capital Aichi".
We have met the target year of "Aichi Global Warming Prevention Strategy" formulated in 2005. Therefore, we seek to realize a low-carbon society, and thus "Aichi Global Warming Prevention Strategy 2020" was newly formulated.
"Aichi Global Warming Prevention Strategy 2020", with the core four initiatives, aims to reduce by 2020 the emission of greenhouse gases in the prefecture by 15%, compared to the levels of 1990, by undertaking the prioritized measures under the four initiatives together with residents, businesses and administrative agencies.
Aichi CO2 Emission Reduction Manifesto 2020
"Aichi CO2 Emission Reduction Manifesto 2020" aims to encourage businesses to take voluntary action to address global warming and reduce CO2 emissions. In this program, businesses submit details of their efforts in tackling global warming and a target for reducing CO2 emissions to the Aichi Prefectural Government as a manifesto. According to the outcome of the efforts undertaken, registration certificates are awarded by Aichi Prefecture as well as officially announced and publicized.
(＊The Manifesto is a voluntary action plan and there are no penalties for not achieving the target.)
- Target for Reducing CO2 Emissions
- Indicator : Total CO2 Emissions
2014 Total CO2 Emissions：889.5t-CO2
2020 Total CO2 Emissions Target：836.1t-CO2(Reduced by 6.0%)
- Main Manifesto : Efforts towards FY2020
- ● Provide timely and periodic maintenance on facilities and equipment to prevent the deterioration of performance and efficiency
● Control temperature settings on heating and air conditioning equipment (27℃ in summer and 20℃ in winter)
● Update the office lights to energy-saving lighting device (LED) (will be implemented by 2017)
● Use window shades to shut down or take sunlight
● Use fuel-efficient cars (eco cars such as hybrid vehicles) (At least five eco-friendly cars will be purchased.)
● Enhance employees' awareness through in-house publication
Growing Cotton Boll (Japanese Cotton) on the Rooftop of the Tokyo Head Office
Toyoshima & Co., Ltd. has been growing cotton boll on the rooftop of its Tokyo head office since May 2016. We have harvested a lot of raw cotton in the fall. The harvested cotton boll will be used for Christmas ornaments or spun into threads to make misanga bracelets.